Delivery – Day 6

March 31st, 2011 ~ 10:51 am

Saturday we were at this really cool apartment in Beverly Hills. It was one of the houses we look at while house hunting. The decor was very eclectic. Like there would be 5 different types of chair in one room, including one that was made up of welded together horseshoes. There was also a really chill dog, appropriately named Chilly.

That was the day the Armenian lady was there and I knew she was going to freak out at me. That’s all I knew. So then while I’m having my makeup done, one of the crew comes up to me and says, “So, you ready to be attacked with a letter opener?” And I just look at him, and I’m like, “Ummm, I know I’m going to be yelled at, but thats’ all I know.” And Then he repeats it! “No, aren’t you getting attacked with the letter opener?” then I’m like, “Dude, you’re not supposed to tell us these things!” This was the second time he discussed scene related stuff in front of us. Doh! In the end it didn’t matter since we had to coordinate the tracking shot and did it repeatedly. The surprise wasn’t really in the take we’ll be using , but it still would have been a nice surprise. Oh well. That was the last time he gave us script spoilers though.

So, like I said, we had to do it a bunch of times to get the timing right since we go down a hall, then she comes down, and then we leave and then she had to get in front of the camera before we get out the door so it can catch her with the letter opener. I love tracking shots, but they are hard to do.

By the way, that lady was awesome. I don’t know what she was saying, but it was intense.

After that we moved to The Velvet Margarita, which is this cool restaurant/bar in Hollywood with a Dia De Los Muertos theme. We were shooting a dinner scene with my mother and we had to pretend it was really loud in there and practically yell at each other. It’s hard to maintain because you get caught up in the conversation and forget there are supposed to be people talking all around you. Also, I tend to have a quiet voice in general, so I was really yelling.

Since their kitchen wasn’t open yet, we had Tere’s brought in for lunch. It’s one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. It was awesome.

I think that was it. After we finished I got my stuff from wardrobe so I could take it home and bring in different stuff the next week. If we did anything else that day, I’ll update when I remember. I think we just finished after the restaurant though.

Maybe we grabbed an establishing shot outside a hospital. I know we did that at some point, so it was probably picked up that afternoon.

Leave a Reply